Here are some of the new things I’ve learned by watching Building Applications for Windows Phone Mango Jump Start, Day II:
- Isolated Storage Explorer – command line tool for exploring Isolated Storage files and folder structure; Can be found in
C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft SDK\Windows Phone\v7.1\Tools\isolatedStorageExplorerTool\ISETool.exe
- LINQ to SQL, User Data and OData
- Reworked WebClient that runs on the originated thread instead of the UI thread
- Socket support, TCP and UDP
- Local Tile API, MultiTile and Back of Tile support.
- Windows Phone Marketplace Test Kit http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh394032(VS.92).aspx is a great SDK component which allows you to run the markeplace verification tests before actually submitting it to the Marketplace
All in all, the new platform seems more mature and offers bunch a new features already present on other platforms.
Enjoy the new features and happy WP7-ing!